Tokyo Sake Tasting
Join our sake lesson to discover new styles and sample sake pairings with a sommelier
Your sake tasting class in Tokyo
What we will do:
- Learn sake 101 (e.g. brewing techniques, history, and labels etc) in a small group with a sake sommelier.
- Try 6 different types of sake to discover your go-to sake and create your own tasting chart.
- Taste locally sourced snacks paired with sake to experience how sake supplements your meal.
- Meet Japanese sake lovers in Tokyo and learn some local tips.
Why sake tasting with Ninja Food Tours?
We specialize in gourmet food tours in Tokyo and lot of people ask us about sake on our food tours. Typically they have limited sake experience back home. Our guests sometimes leave the tour with a completely different impression through learning and trying new styles of sake.
Today even traditional sake breweries produce various types of sake as millennials are taking over their family sake business that has a lot of history.
Combining our expertise to select food vendors and offer you good Japanese food, we would like to give more people opportunities to become a sake fan during your trip in Tokyo.
Well… that being said, it is just fun to drink good sake and eat good food with great people! Also, we do not want you to leave Tokyo without trying good sake.
About the Japanese sake class
- Time & Location: 1pm or 5 pm for 2 hours in Higashi-Nakano, two stations away from Shinjuku.
- Price: 7,500 JPY (+ 8% tax) per person
- Group size: 8 people maximum + some locals (when applicable)
- What is included
- 6 different sake tasting in a Japanese house
- Japanese snacks paired with the sake (Not a full meal)
- Sake learning and tasting session in a casual atmosphere
- What is not included
- Transportation to/from Higashi-Nakano
- Note: You must be 20 years old or older.
- Kampai in Tokyo: If you book the sake tasting and a food tour in Tokyo, you will receive 15% off on your sake tasting.
- Tokyo Food Combo: If you book multiple tours in Tokyo, you will receive 10% off on your second tour (whichever is cheaper).
Contact us to get a discount coupon code before booking.