Arashiyama Bamboo Grove Day Tour:
Kyoto food walk through historical bamboo grove
Experience both the popular and local sides of the Arashiyama and Sagano area, a historical vacation destination for the Japanese aristocracy, through walking and eating.
This tour currently is only available upon request.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Lunch with 5+ Japanese food tastings at highly selected food vendors as well as hidden gems along the Katsura river. Japanese sweets included.
- Visit must-see spots (e.g. Bamboo Grove, Togetsukyo Bridge, and Temruji temple) to feel and learn its 1000+ years of history and stories of Arashiyama and Sagano.
- Explore lesser-known areas away from tourist crowds (e.g. Visit non-touristy bamboo street and river boat ride when the weather permits). You may visit the Iwatayama Monkey Park after the tour, a 20-minute uphill walk from the tour ending spot.
Arashiyama Bamboo Tour info
- Duration: 2.5 hours, starting at 10:00 am
- Minimum: 2 people per tour
- Maximum: 6 people per tour
- Price: 9,800 JPY (+ 10% tax) per person
- Food: Lunch at multiple food vendors
- Meeting Location: JR Arashiyama station
- Not included: Transportation from/to Arashiyama station
Kyoto Bamboo & Food Tour Booking
Have questions or do not see availability? See our FAQ or contact us to let us see what we can do.