Private & small group experience in Tokyo
“Tsukiji Fish Market Tour”
Fish Market Tour in Tsukiji & Toyosu
Discover the food, history, and culture of the world’s biggest fish market in Tokyo. Enjoy a variety of food specialties the market has to offer.
Check out what people say about this tour on Tripadvisor
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Experience the sights, operations & flavors of the old and new markets, Tsukiji and Toyosu. We will not let you be overwhelmed by 700+ fish dealers!
- Taste mouth-watering fresh seafood (e.g. fatty tuna), pork dumpling, other local specialties at very selected food vendors in the outer market.
- Journey through the inner part of the fish market in a small group while seeing various types of fish that you have never seen before.
Note: We are not allowed to enter the wholesale market in the newly built Toyosu market. The food tastings are served in the old Tsukiji outer market.
Fish Market Tour info
- Duration: 3 hours, starting at 9 am
- Minimum: 2 people per tour
- Maximum: 6 people per tour
- Price: 8,500 JPY (+8% sales tax)
- Food: Lunch at multiple local food vendors
- Meeting location: Shijomae Station
- Not included: Transportation between the markets
- *This tour does not include tuna auction viewing.
Fish Market Map
Toyosu & Tsukiji Fish Market Tour Booking
The Tsukiji fish market has been feeding people in Tokyo since 1935 and now it is the world biggest fish market in the world. As the building is so old, the Tokyo city government announced the market’s relocation in early 2018. Do not miss to check out the fish market and get deeper insights on its history and operations of the Tsukiji market.
Do not miss to check out the fish market and get deeper insights on its history and operations of the Tsukiji market.
There are two areas that consist of the Tsukiji market, inner market and outer market.
Inner Fish Market
The inner market is where ~700 wholesalers run their daily operations. They are “middlemen” but play a big role when it comes to selecting a good quality of fish and pricing it appropriately for restaurants and hotels.
Without them? You would not be able to get fresh tuna sushi in Tokyo.
The inner market section is closed until 10 am for visitors as the area is busy and packed with fish market workers.
The allies inside are really small and it is almost a maze. Also, you will see A LOT OF fish types there.
Outer Fish Market
The outer market section, which is not going to move, is more for retail stores and tourists. If you have seen pictures of the fish market, this is probably the place.
Do not underestimate a “touristy” place though as these retail stores sell the same good quality of fish as the inner market.
Tsukiji is a very important place that supports Tokyo’s rich food culture. It also has a lot of history and stories to tell.
On our fish market tour, you will see and learn about the fish market otherwise it would be overwhelming. Also, we carefully selected the tasting locations to give you the best time and food that Tsukiji has to offer.
Are you ready to explore?